How to export shapefiles from Mappt to QGIS
There may be times when you want to use a third-party GIS software to run further analyses on the data you’ve collected.
In this post, we’ll walk you through exporting shapefiles from our offline mobile GIS Mappt into QGIS.
1. Open up your file in Mappt.
2. Tap the Export button.
3. Select the layer(s) you would like to export and tap OK.
4. Select a file format for the export.
5. Select the preferred export method and ensure that the file has been saved.
6. In QGIS, navigate to the file using the Browser Panel.
7. A window will pop up requesting the shapefile’s coordinate reference system. Select the appropriate coordinate reference system in the dialog window.
8. Once completed, drag the data from the Browser Panel into the Layers Panel.
9. The data should now be displayed in QGIS.
If you experience any issues with this process, please let us know via the Mappt Forum.
This is an article in a series of how to move files to and from Mappt. Here are the other articles in the series: